3rd Annual High Performance Computing Day at Lehigh
Friday, April 04, 2008
All Events at the Rauch Business Center (RBC), Lehigh University. Get directions
-- Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center Workshop --
Getting Started with HPC and MPI Programming at Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
8:30am-12pm, RBC 51
- Part 1: Introduction to MPI programming
- Part 2: Hands on MPI Programming using PSC resources
- Part 3: Introduction to Parallel Computing at PSC
Prerequisite for morning technical session requires a basic introductory
knowledge of either C or Fortran language programming in a Unix
-- Keynote Address --
David A. Bader
Executive Director of High-Performance Computing, College of Computing,
Georgia Institute of Technology.
Petascale Phylogenetic Reconstruction of Evolutionary Histories
1:10pm - 2:15pm, RBC 91
-- HPC at Lehigh --
High Performance Computing at Lehigh
2:30pm - 4:45pm, RBC 91
- Open Forum and Panel Discussion on Research and Cyber-Infrastructure at Lehigh
- Professor Ted Ralphs, Chairman HPC Steering Commttee. - Moderator
- Vice Provost Bruce Taggart, Library and Technology Services
- Vice Provost Bruce Koel, Research
- Frank J. Pazzaglia, Professor of Geology and Chair, Department of Earth and Environmental Science, Lehigh University
- David A. Bader Executive Director of High-Performance Computing, College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Frank J. Pazzaglia,
Professor of Geology and Chair, Department of Earth and Environmental Science,
High Performance Computing in Earth and Environmental Sciences
- M. Virginia McSwain, Assistant Professor, Physics Department, Lehigh University.
Computing the Origins of Be Star Disks
- Xiaolei Huang, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Lehigh University.
High Performance Computing in Biomedical Image Analysis and Visualization
There is no cost to attend but registration is requested for planning
Register online [closed].
See the official flyer here.